adoption (4) Blessed Notes (71) blogging (7) contests (3) Extended Family (9) Giveaway (6) Growing Aches (1) Holidays (18) Hubby (17) List of Five (14) Marriage (18) parenting (19) Renovations (3) Reviews (14) Someday List (11) Tackle It Tuesday (17) Thankful Thursday (18) The Every Day (137) The Girls (20) The Healing Process (8) The List (18) work (8) Writing (6)
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Reflection - A Last Look At 2012
1) What is one truth you learned? I am in the palm of God’s hand. He really does have every moment covered and I don’t need to worry, fret or have a complete melt down. I learned this truth in my father in laws tiny boat on the huge ocean. This revelation came a month before I would really, really, really need it…. God is good!
2) What is something that you did that you are particularly proud of? The part I played in the building of the Centennial Trail in the town I work in. I actually started this work in 2010, but the grand celebration was in 2012 – it was an amazing day and I was proud of my part.
3) What was the hardest thing that you had to do? Hands down, no question dealing with the death of the girl’s mom……………
4) What is something that you changed to improve the way you live? I don’t know if I made any changes for 2012 – I for sure carried on with all the changes I implemented in 2010 and 2011 and this did improve my life……… I added to my daily prayers – Lord – open my eyes and give me Your heart for humanity…. I think this has improved my life……..
5) What was your favourite Arts and Cultural discovery? I think that 2012 might have been lacking big time in this department……… I can’t think of one………..
6) What was something new you tried? Driving ten hours for a wedding – I am usually such a home body and a worry wart about money that I typically would have said no to this invite, but not in 2012 I dived right in and had a really great time with Hubby!!
7) What experience did you appreciate the most? Our trip to Port Hardy – it was pretty awesome and I surprised myself big time that part of me was actually sad to go home. This girl that suffers big time from homesickness did NOT expect that!!!
8) What did God surprise you with? That when you have many, many people praying for you – you can actually feel those prayers – like they are physical bits you can gather off your doorstep and put in a basket – super cool and really out of this world!
9) What was something that inspired you? Last year I said…..Talks with my mom – I can honestly say that no single other action, words, event inspired me more than the countless chats with her!!! I will have to say the same goes for 2012.
10) If there was one word to describe 2012, what would it be? Seesaw